What it really means:
How does the ownership of the production, distribution and exhibition companies affects the type of films that are made?
You have to apply the context of your film case studies to the 7 key concept areas. Here are some questions to think about on this specific concept.
Questions to think about:
1. How does the ownership in the film industry affect how films are produced?
2. How does the ownership in the film industry affect the distribution of film?
3. How does the ownership in the film industry affect the exhibition of films?
Past paper questions relevant to this concept area:
- (Jan 2010) “Media production is dominated by global institutions, which sell their products and services to national audiences.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
- (Jan 2011) Discuss the issues raised by media ownership in the production and exchange of media texts in your chosen media area.
- (Jan 2013) What impact does media ownership have upon the range of products available to the audiences in the media area you have studied.
- (June 2015) To what extent does media ownership have an impact on the successful distribution of media products in the media area that you have studied?
You can also *Google* for any useful resources relating to this concept area, here’s some that I’ve found:Issues Raised By Media Ownership from robertclackmedia